NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK APP:
Netgear Nighthawk app helps to install Netgear router easily and even manage the router settings from the app itself. Netgear Nighthawk App can be downloaded from android google play store or from apple store in case of ios devices, Netgear Nighthawk app is compatible with all AC series Nighthawk routers although desktop windows platform for this application is not released yet you can use your android device or ios device to use this application.
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK APP FEATURES :
• Easy & Quick Setup
• One click router Set up
• Pause or block Internet Access
• Smart Parental Controls with Disney circle
• Internet Speed Test Setup
• Internet Traffic Monitor
• Guest Wireless Sharing
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK SETUP USING NIGHTHAWK APP
Netgear Nighthawk series routers can be easily set up using NetgearNighthawk app also known as Netgear Up app formerly.
1. Download Netgear Nighthawk app from google play store or apple store in case of ios devices.
2. Connect your device with Netgear Nighthawk router SSID, i.enetwork name, you can check for default Network name and wifi password settings from router label itself.
3. Click on Netgear Nighthawk app and follow on-screen instructions to set up your Netgear Nighthawk router
4. You can customize router settings, check your connection internet speed as well as update parental control settings from Netgear Nighthawk app itself
NOTE: If you are unable to install your router using Netgear Nighthawk app, make sure you have connected cables correctly, ethernet cable from Netgear Nighthawk WAN slot should be connected to your internet service provider modem, try restarting your router and gateway, if still, you are unable to complete set up process, try to access Netgear Genie login webpage using web address routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com, you can even use default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in case of Netgear Modems.
NETGEAR FIRMWARE UPDATE USING NIGHTHAWK APP :
Netgear Nighthawk Firmware can be easily updated using Netgear Nighthawk app, Follow the following steps to update Netgear firmware using Nighthawk app:
Step 1: Download the Netgear Nighthawk App for your Andriod device or Apple device.
Step 2: Connect your device wirelessly with Netgear Router SSID.
Step 3: Launch the Netgear Nighthawk app, Nighthawk app will try to recognize your Netgear router, select your product and then click on next option, you will get an authentication message to input your Netgear router login username and password.
Step 4: Click on Router settings option, Click on the firmware update option, the Netgear Nighthawk app will try to communicate with Netgear server to check for any firmware update if any, click on download new firmware option, click next and follow on-screen instructions to update Netgear Router firmware.
Note: It is recommended to update Netgear router firmware from a computer, by connecting an ethernet cable from Netgear LAN slot to your computer, you can use web address www.routerlogin.net to update Netgear router firmware, Make sure your Netgear router is not turned off during firmware update process.
Netgear Nighthawk App Compatible Router List :
- Netgear R 8500 Nighthwak Router
- Netgear R 8000 X6 Tri Band Router
- Netgear R 7900 Tri Band Router
- Netgear R 7500 Mesh Dual Band Router
- Netgear R 7300 Mesh Wireless Router
- Netgear R 7000 Dual band Router
- Netgear R 6300 Dual Band Router
- Netgear R 6080 Dual Band Router
- Netgear R 6400 MU-MIMO Router
- Netgear R 6220 Wireless Router
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK APP FEATURES :
- WIRELESS SETTINGS
- GUEST NETWORK SET UP
- NETWORK MAP WITH IP ADDRESS OF DEVICES
- SPEED TEST FOR YOUR NETWORK
- PARENTAL CONTROLS WITH CIRCLE DISNEY
- TRAFFIC METER WITH BANDWIDTH DETAILS
- ROUTER OVERALL DETAILS
- NETGEAR SUPPORT PAGE REDIRECTION
- NETGEAR REMOTE MANAGEMENT